Sender:trausti.hraunfjord
Date/Time:2009-Feb-23 14:11:00
Subject:Re: The next WWP event is “Diversity”

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: The next WWP event is “Diversity” trausti.hraunfjord 2009-Feb-23 14:11:00
Hi Caroling.

This is too far for taking my preferred means of transportation
(land+river), so it's a plane this time.  If I would take it by land
and boats, it would take 10-14 days to get there... as a minimum,
because I would love to get off the boat here and there.  Iquitos is
the name of the place I'm going to. It has grown into a big city in
the past 20 years, but it takes only minutes to get away from the city
and be in the middle of "nowhere".  Normally I have gone to another
part of the jungle and stayed for 4-8 weeks at the time, living with
natives, hunting with them and taking life by it's horns, but it's
been 4 years since last time, so it will be good to get a touch of
real life again.

Lichens... well, there is at least moss... but lichens I'm not so sure
about.  Lots of that in Iceland... it's said to be brain-splatter from
some troll that was killed... or was it a bowl of boiled oat-meal that
was thrown around?  :)  Can't remember.

Trausti