Sender:AYRTON
Date/Time:2009-Feb-23 16:15:00
Subject:Re: [WWPano] Re: The next WWP event is “Diversityâ€

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: [WWPano] Re: The next WWP event is “Diversity†AYRTON 2009-Feb-23 16:15:00
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:11 AM, trausti.hraunfjord <
#removed#> wrote:

> Hi Caroling.
>
> This is too far for taking my preferred means of transportation
> (land+river), so it's a plane this time.  If I would take it by land
> and boats, it would take 10-14 days to get there... as a minimum,
> because I would love to get off the boat here and there.  Iquitos is
> the name of the place I'm going to. It has grown into a big city in
> the past 20 years, but it takes only minutes to get away from the city
> and be in the middle of "nowhere".

I've spent long time at Iquitos shooting
during the time I was working as a photographer for Jacques Cousteau on the
Amazon Expedition on the 80's

Nice place to have "diversity" photos :-)

Good trip Trausti
Sorry I can't go with you  :-)
I would love to go back there.

best
AYRTON

>  Normally I have gone to another
> part of the jungle and stayed for 4-8 weeks at the time, living with
> natives, hunting with them and taking life by it's horns, but it's
> been 4 years since last time, so it will be good to get a touch of
> real life again.
>
> Lichens... well, there is at least moss... but lichens I'm not so sure
> about.  Lots of that in Iceland... it's said to be brain-splatter from
> some troll that was killed... or was it a bowl of boiled oat-meal that
> was thrown around?  :)  Can't remember.
>
> Trausti
>

> --- In #removed#, Caroling Geary <caroling@...> wrote:
> >
> > Wow that's exciting. Are you taking the river or flying in? Where are
> > you going? Can you see if there are lichens there?
> >
> > On Feb 22, 2009, at 11:06 PM, trausti.hraunfjord wrote:
> >
> > > Perfect timing.  I will be going to the heart of the Peruvian Amazon
> > > jungle on March 19th, taking as many meaningful panos as I can while
> > > there.  Fits my schedule and the event topic this time should serve me
> > > well.
> > >

> > Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net

| A Y R |
| T O N |