Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2004-Dec-29 21:26:00
Subject:Re: Clickable Links

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Clickable Links Markus Altendorff 2004-Dec-29 21:26:00
Robert C. Fisher wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2004, at 10:46 AM, Bernhard Vogl wrote:
>

>>Hello Robert
>>
>>TARGET="_new" may also work with most browsers, TARGET="_blank" is the
>>standard syntax.

> Thanks, I've used both (in a crude blind way) and I don't see a
> difference but I haven't tried it on a PC just Macs.

For all practical means it shouldn't make a difference.
Target="_blank" explicitely says "Yo, browser, i want this to
appear in a new, nameless window".
Target="_new" supposedly says "OK, look for a window named
'_new', and load this URL into it. And if you don't find a window
named '_new', then create a new nameless window and call it '_new'."

So, if you click on another link that also has target=_new, and
the previously opened window is still available, it *should* load
the link into that window (instead of creating a new nameless one).

At least that's what i've seen so far. May have changed with the
   newer browsers, though...

-Markus