Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2009-Aug-11 16:41:00
Subject:Re: quandry re: software to purchase and nadir!!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: quandry re: software to purchase and nadir!! Hans Nyberg 2009-Aug-11 16:41:00
On 11/08/2009, at 17.51, wolfgang_lin wrote:

> Well, I don't think so.. I have to use other software to convert
> the Equirectangular image to cube images and then edit the nadir...
> you could consider those free software to convert to make the
> cube... there is also a free filter in the Internet for Photoshop
> to covert the Equirectangular image to the nadir image and reverse
> back the edited nadir.. then you can overlay the image to your
> Equirectangular image to make the result.

With the last version of PTGui you have a built in cubeface generator.

To convert the cubeface (nadir) back to an equirectangular you have
to do a reversed conversion from  90x90 rectilinear to equirectangular.

However  it is indeed easier to use one of the other tools for it.
Depends on your platform.

If you just want to ad a logo it is easiest to create one and convert
as an equirectangular template with transparent layer in a size of
the same your maximum outputs are.
You can than just paste your panoramas below this layer.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
Panoramas.dk<http://www.panoramas.dk>
Features Fullscreen Panoramas from the best VR Photographers in the
World
email:  #removed#