Sender:michael crane
Date/Time:2010-Nov-10 21:11:00
Subject:Re: Evidence in a court of Law - are "stitched" panoramas admissible?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Evidence in a court of Law - are "stitched" panoramas admissible? michael crane 2010-Nov-10 21:11:00
On 10 November 2010 21:04, northwest_omnipresence
<#removed#> wrote:
> Just curious if anyone has had the opportunity to be called upon to present a stitched panoramic image as evidence in any level of the legal system?
>
> Is there a defense against their use - ie: the stitching process is sequential and the stitching algorithms may miss elements from the actual scene.
>
> Are there any tests or examples that can show that a stitched panoramic image need not be considered a "doctored" document?

I have considered this before and to come under cross examination as
an expert (witnesss?) would require complete confidence in one's
understanding of all aspects of the maths. Which is one reason I never
approached accident investigators.
so no.

regards

mick