Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2012-Jul-10 16:34:00
Subject:Re: It's the next best thing to being there!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: It's the next best thing to being there! Hans Nyberg 2012-Jul-10 16:34:00
On Jul 9, 2012, at 7:06 PM, Sacha Griffin wrote:

> I'm surprised no one fixed the horizon. Expand Canvas, set 50% horizontal
> guide, move to position, flatten.

Well, it is not quite as simple as that. The Rover is on a sloop so the pano is made from a not level Rover.
There are no vertical points so you have to find 2 points for horisontal CPs which you assume are at a horisontal level.
And as you are in a crater this can be hard to find.

I have made one you can see here which I assume is almost correct.
There is still some Photoshop work to do in it.

http://panoramas.dk/mars/greeley-haven.html

Hans

> Although the stitch also is pretty crappy. Looks like it was auto-stitched.
> Probably best to start from scratch.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Sacha Griffin
> http://www.seeit360.com
> http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
> http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360
> IM: #removed#
> Office: 404-551-4275

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer
Hans Nyberg Fotografi
Hasselvej 6 - DK-8550 Ryomgaard
Denmark
Tlf. +45 86 394232
<http://www.hans-nyberg.dk>
<http://www.360-foto.dk>
<http://www.panoramas.dk>
Panoramas.dk - Features Fullscreen Panoramas from the best VR Photographers in the world.
email:  #removed#