Sender:Uri
Date/Time:2012-Jul-10 16:15:00
Subject:Re: It's the next best thing to being there!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: It's the next best thing to being there! Uri 2012-Jul-10 16:15:00

--- In #removed#, "Sacha Griffin" <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

> I'm surprised no one fixed the horizon. Expand Canvas, set 50% horizontal
> guide, move to position, flatten.
> Although the stitch also is pretty crappy. Looks like it was auto-stitched.

All the 817 images that compose the panorama were taken over 5 months (!). The distortions, stitching problems and perspective issues are in the original that NASA released. I had to choose whether to render it as cylindrical or spherical projections in KRpano, so I chose spherical (they both look the same...)

I imagine NASA has far more elaborate images than what was released; it looks like they could learn about making interactive panoramas even from Google.

More details at: http://tinyurl.com/bu28od6