Sender:Tim Hatch
Date/Time:2005-Mar-16 23:46:00
Subject:Re: Do-it-yourself 360 one-shot lens ?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Do-it-yourself 360 one-shot lens ? Tim Hatch 2005-Mar-16 23:46:00
Landis, Don et al. ? if this is off-topic, say something and we can
continue off-list.

Philippe,

Although it wouldn't be good for weight, I've gotten good results with
an ice cream Super Target [USA] (the kind with the ejector mechanism on
the inside).  Does your camera have a manual focus on it?  I'm assuming
you would use a disposable one to avoid the hazard of letting it hit
the pavement from 400' .  I had a bit of trouble dealing with near
things and far things both (your camera [if it even /does/ focus], left
to its own devices, may want to focus on the kite sails rather than the
ground below).

Here are some of my better experiments: http://timhatch.com/lan/gl16/

Tim