Sender:Douglas L. Urner
Date/Time:2005-Apr-15 00:49:00
Subject:Re: a little html help

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: a little html help Douglas L. Urner 2005-Apr-15 00:49:00
There are basically two steps to this:

  1) You need to include the javascript in your pages, and then
  2) You need to arrange for the javascript to be called at the right
     time.

I assume that you'll be using a button or something like one to do close
the window.  Here's a rough outline of the page.  I stole this from one
of my pages, without doing any testing, so let me know if you run into
problems -- it's as likely me as you :-)

That stuff between <!-- and --> is commentary, hopefully clarifying what
needs to be done.  I'd be inclined to do this by making the javascript a
separate file (so that it only has to be downloaded once and so that you
only have to maintain the code in one place) and so have used the script
tag in the head section to include the file containing the javascript,
which I named close.js with the src parameter.  If you wanted you could
omit the src parameter and include the actual javascript between the
script tags.

You'll need to modify the input tag to use the name of the javascript
function that you're using to close the window in the onclick parameter.

Or if the javascript is just "window.close()" you could just use that as
the onclick parameter (onclick="window.close()";) and omit the script
tag in the head section.

<head>
   <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="close.js">
   </script>
</head>
   <form> <!-- add the form tag to enable the input tag below -->

     <!-- stuff that comes before the close button goes here -->

     <input type="submit" value="Close Window" name="closeme"
	onclick="closefullscreen();"/> <!-- this is the close button -->

     <!-- stuff that comes after the close button goes here -->
   </form> <!-- close the form -->

Hope this helps, Doug
--
Douglas L. Urner <#removed#> Port Orchard, WA +1 360 769 5565