Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2005-Jun-30 08:00:00
Subject:Re: small versions blurred?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: small versions blurred? Hans Nyberg 2005-Jun-30 08:00:00
On Jun 29, 2005, at 10:43 PM, Fulvio Senore wrote:

> It happens that, using Windows tools, I have never been able to create
> decent small pano. They are always blurred, while the larger ones are
> sharp.
> It seems that you need a Mac to create a good QTVR file...

> Erik Krause ha scritto:
>> having looked through most of the small version and a good part of
>> the big ones I noticed that many small versions are blurred while the
>> big versions are sharp. I don't believe that this is intended so how
>> does it come?

Erik is using Panocube.
His small pano is sharp and clear.
It is not about Mac or Windows but it is about knowing how to make the
right size of the file to use for the movie and how to sharpen it just
enough for best quality.
In "old days" people made the movie directly from QTVRAS from the
stitch and they where usually very blurry.
I believe there is even a function to ad blur when making the movie in
QTVRAS.

I know that using Panocube for downsampling the file when making the
movie is/was bad as his choice of interpolator is/was not the best.
Do not know if he changed this.
Also he is using another scale for compression which can comfuse you if
you are used to Photoshop scale.
Making a Panocube movie with 35% compression is a very bad idea but
there is no problem using it in Mac QTtools or Photoshop

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer
hans nyberg fotografi