Sender:Mickael Therer
Date/Time:2005-Jul-02 19:05:00
Subject:Re: Heavy AUDIO download in WWP

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Heavy AUDIO download in WWP Mickael Therer 2005-Jul-02 19:05:00
caroling,

It really depends on what's in your audio track,
is it voice, music, water ... ?
13mb aiff if I count right that could well be a
1'20" track and that can be long and heavy

things to consider:
go for mono it will halve the size unless you've got a
binaural stereo sound such as I used here
http://www.mediapiculture.net/360days/qtvr/wwp/87_2prague.html
(600k for 50" of street sound +1.5mb vr).

water is one of the hardest sounds to catch and compress
especially at high frequencies it quickly sounds like a
modem once compressed, on the other hand it can be looped
from very short sequences so use that to your advantage.

voice can be lowered and resampled to a very narrow band
and most easily optimized.

don't use quicktime as such but rather use iTunes if you
havn't got anything else and it does a great job :
drag and drop your aiff in itunes - set conversion preferences
(and play with these) -right click on aiff  and convert to
mp3 - listen - like it? - drag&drop new file  out of itunes
- open in QT save as single .mov - check final size.

back to the topic of the day (accessibility and such)
another consideration is that when using aac vs mp3
anyone using QT5 will get an error message ...

HTH

-m

--- In #removed#, #removed# wrote:
> Could you provide details? Specifically, starting with a 13MB .aif
QuickTime audio track, what options