Sender:Mickael Therer
Date/Time:2005-Jul-07 23:30:00
Subject:Re: my first panoramas

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: my first panoramas Mickael Therer 2005-Jul-07 23:30:00
--- In #removed#, "Wheaton, Simon" <#removed#> wrote:

Hi Simon,

> I would be interested in this info as well.
> Would I get a better quality QTVR pano using software other than the
basic quicktime output from PTMac?

yes, australian based http://clickheredesign.com
offers a killer software bundle for vr output on the mac

> Can other software let me choose maximum/minimum zoom settings and
auto rotate?

on the mac: same soft, on the pc try panocube
http://www.panoshow.com/panocube.htm

> What sort of sizes (pixel dimensions as well as actual fize size)
would you use for a stitched 360 degree cylinder, do you make
different size panos to give different options to download, for
example different dialup and broadband options?

download options would have to be scripted on
the server side, options exist but not out of a box

> What sort of compression options do you choose for the pano?

scroll up this list in the last 15 days a lot of
discusssion has been going on the subjetc of Q.vs size

> Is the code on a page like Willy's going to work properly with
cylinders as well as spheres?

knowing Willy I don't see why it shouldn't,
if it doesn't just ask

> Is the code on a page like Willy's ok/free to copy and use for your
own pages?
again, I'm not Willy but you can grab mine,
code is just code and sharing is caring

> Is it possible to incorporate a map overview type of display, like
on Jaume's page, along with a full screen QT player like on Willy's pages?

it is for sure possible but I'm not a map freek at all
I'll passit on others to answer in details

-m
-grab any code here below-
http://www.360days.com
http://ww2panorama.org