Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Sep-24 20:40:00
Subject:Re: Spherical pano lenses ...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Spherical pano lenses ... Erik Krause 2005-Sep-24 20:40:00
Am Saturday, September 24, 2005 um 13:04 schrieb Pat Swovelin:

> What are people using for spherical panos?
>         A)  Fisheys with 2 frames plus a zenith and a nadar.

Normally a circular fisheye with 3 or 4 shots plus eventually zenith
and nadir or a full frame fisheye with 6 to 8 shots + zenith and
nadir.

>         B)  Wider lenses and a bazillion frames (count depending on the
> lens width).

Some people do, most don't.

> If you're using wide lenses how do you determine how much to tilt up and
> down between each row?  When you shoot multi-row spherical do you use
> the same number of shots in each row as you did in the non-tilted row
> (i.e., the horizon row) or do you use just enough to cover that
> particular row (with appropriate overlaps)?

If you use PTGui for panotools you can easily try it out. Simply take
any image, load it multiple times, set input field of view to the
value of your lens and move the images around in panorama editor
until you have arranged them with enough overlap. In Image Parameters
tab you can read the Yaw and Pitch values...

> What other questions am I forgetting to ask here?

Whether this is the right list for that kind of questions ;-) As you
can see they are answered, but the right list would be
A good starting point is the panotools wiki:
http://wiki.panotools.org

The WWP list was dedicated to announcement and discussion of the WWP
events.

best regards
--
Erik Krause