Sender:wardnet2001
Date/Time:2005-Sep-27 16:52:00
Subject:Re: problems with small rooms

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: problems with small rooms wardnet2001 2005-Sep-27 16:52:00
--- In #removed#, "Cristian" <#removed#> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know why do I have problems when stitching images made in
> small rooms (1-2mp)?
>
> It seems that outdoors I have no problem, but indoors it`s a mess at
> the edges.
>
> I use a Sony 828 full wide and a Panosaurus to make 12 photos and then
> I stitch them with Panorama Factory.
>
> Thanks,
> Cristian

Hi Cristian

Just guessing, but it could be that your camera is not exactly set up
correctly on your pano head. Objects close to the camera produce more
of a paralax effect (ie misalignement from shot to shot) than objects
far away from the camera, especially when you haven't got your point
of rotation (or nodal point) just right. So in a small room the
stitching software might not be able to cope so well.

Bill