Sender:centreofengland
Date/Time:2005-Sep-28 18:22:00
Subject:Re: Does the image width have to be divisible by 2 to join correctly?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Does the image width have to be divisible by 2 to join correctly? centreofengland 2005-Sep-28 18:22:00
--- In #removed#, Markus Altendorff <#removed#>
wrote:
> Once upon a time ;) the rule for QTVRs was that each tile
> (!) measure (in pixels) had to be divisible by 4 - of
> course, that was in the days of cylindrical-only panoramas,
> but i think it hasn't changed since then.
> So, if you have 25 horizontal tiles, the value must be a
> multiple of (25*4) = 100 pixels since each tile must fit the
> rule. The vertical size must be a multiple of 4.
>
> -Markus

Thanks for explaining, Now I know that I need to resize my jpg
correctly before I use pano2qtvr otherwise its going to go wrong.

I am new to making qtvr's, what exactly are these tiles things?
Is a smaller number better for the tile value or a larger number?
It does not say on here.. http://www.pano2qtvr.com/

There is little info on the detailed side of things like this, so
any help would be great.

Thanks