Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2005-Oct-11 15:04:00
Subject:Re: Energy is now open to the public

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Energy is now open to the public Markus Altendorff 2005-Oct-11 15:04:00
Aleksandar Janicijevic sagte:
> Hi,
> I have just notice that the link generated by the site when you send a
> link from your page is incorrect!
> It is righting:
> http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp905/html/AleksandarJanicijevic.html--Th...
> and of course it should be
> http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp905/html/AleksandarJanicijevic.html
> Someone should fix that, it looks like serious problem.
> Aleksandar

Hi Aleksandar,

looks like this is depending on the browser / e-mail software. It's working in
Safari/Mac, Firefox/Mac. Can't test it on PC since i don't have one with a working
mail client.

There should be two newline characters after the link, so that the URL is correctly
recognized, but from the quoting it looks like your browser did remove all newline
characters when it passed the text forward to the mail client. Then of course the
URL detector in the mail program keeps on going until the next blank/space, which
happens after the "The".

I've (hopefully) fixed that by adding an extra blank/space directly behind the link
output (for now it's only on the prep. server, will be fixed after the late-entry
update), and since we've not had any other reports (and this piece of code is in
there since the first WWP), it looks like it's either not always happening (or
nobody actually uses this feature... :( .

Thanks for pointing out that bug!

-Markus