Sender:thinnairstudios
Date/Time:2005-Oct-13 20:52:00
Subject:Re: Is this a "chat room" or what?!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Is this a "chat room" or what?! thinnairstudios 2005-Oct-13 20:52:00
Hello Friends,

I am glad you brought this topic up.

I am new to this group and I made my first contribution for energy.

After the "Ipod" post and comment about it I began to realize we
should keep to the intended topics this group was started for.

HOWEVER, I am confused at to what is "on topic" and what is "off
topic"

To be honest with all of you I am afraid to make any post on this
group unless it has someting to do with the WWP server and my
submission.

I myself have made several off topic posts recently and since have
felt like I have done someting wrong.

So I don't really know what to post in this group.

It seems to me that any post relating to a WWP submission such
as "how did they do that" and so forth is a valid post since it is
directly related to the panos on the event. I am not saying it should
be a "how to" forum but some discussion about the how's and why's of
the contributions is appropiate.

If not then this group is nothing more than an "admin" list. If that
is what it is intended for so be it. But it would be a shame to waste
such a great source of knowledge.

Since many of use use different set ups and different software to
achieve our panos the "specific" points about those topics should be
posted on those sites. Like the pano2qtvr and panotools groups.

I see nothing wrong with a short post to help a fellow member find a
resource or even a short explanation.

The group has some of the best photographers in the world on it. To
me some of you are "giants" in the business. I feel honored to be a
part of this group.

In Japan there are two terms that apply directly to my point.

Uke and Nage.

Uke is the receiver and Nage is the giver. In martial arts a student
will learn from the master. When they practice they will change
places with each giving the attack and the other receiving the
attack. This means that the student will learn from the master by
giving the attack to him so that his technique can be examened and
critiqued by the master. In return for this learning the studunt will
recieve the attack from the master and the master will learn from the
student by honing his skills. It is a balance in harmony that makes
both learn from the other.

We should follow this kind of teaching. The students here can learn
from the masters and the masters can futher learn from the students
in much the same way.

There is so much knowledge here among everyone. And that is what
makes this group of masters and students an awsome force.

There is much to be learned by both student and master. WE should
remember that.

Troy Ward