Sender:Michael
Date/Time:2005-Oct-14 10:34:00
Subject:Re: Is this a "chat room" or what?!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Is this a "chat room" or what?! Michael 2005-Oct-14 10:34:00
Hello Michael,

I agree with you. I admit that it can be difficult sometimes to
decide, even a comment like "Great" can be ok if it is not a ping
pong between two persons. I receive the postings as daily digest and
IT IS time consuming to scroll down the list of contributions to
those relevant ones. I don't know... I registered to the group to
get information about the wwp events, discuss (or only follow the
discussions of...) the next theme, comment (or only read the
comments of...) unusual scenes or approaches, exchange informations
about restrictions people find in shooting the panos etc. If there
is a specific personal point which only a few are interested in, I
would say: keep it away from the list and address it to the ones
interested. It seems to be more quick and easy to write an email
to "the list" than to select the right recipients from the address
book.

BTW: some not wwp related stuff may be better placed on the
quicktime or panotools list. That's why we have different lists,
right?

Yours,
Michael Stoss

<http://www.panodrom.de/Extrem/bottle.html>
> for one recent, primo example).
>
> But this constant chit-chat, chit-chat, chit-chat: personal
> to someone else's post (grrr)... Do we ALL need to be part of it?!
> Unless someone out there has found more than 24 hours in a day --
it
> takes time to wade through the pratter: "Oh
cool!", "Congradulations!
> Can you show me more pictures of the wedding (the new kid, the new
dog,
> the new house" -- whatever!) with nothing at all to gain from the
> public exchange.
>
> Can't personal tidbits be left to an off-list exchange and leave
the
> list to sharing information?
>
> (No, really. I've had several cups of coffee already and I've had
my
> first Ritilin tab for the day -- if it seems I'm being a
bit "cranky"