Sender:scrat20032003
Date/Time:2005-Nov-11 13:52:00
Subject:Re: panoramas web optimization

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: panoramas web optimization scrat20032003 2005-Nov-11 13:52:00
Hi. That sounds interesting

> I can show you some methods for generating various types of panos
using
> web3d (VRML)
> if that is of interest.

This is of interest but what did you mean by "web3d (VRML)" ? I
didn't quite get that ... :(

The web optimisation methods in this case are
> level of detail and compression,
> various other options for varying the size of images
and "geometry".

I can only supose what you are refering to ..
I exported only in .mov format (QVTR) and I used Realviz Stitcher 4.0
(on WinXP). I played a bit with the settings there after stitching
the images and before exporting to the .mov format. I managed to
shrink the .mov file a bit (about 3MG - a full cubical pano still
with pretty good resolution) but nothing spectacular .. For
stitching I used images of 1024x768 resolution. I don't know ..
there's much to say ..
I guess the optimisation also has something to do with the grid that
appears before the images are loaded, right ? I've seen that some
panoramas have these tiles bigger than others (the cube faces are
splitted into many squares). I haven't figured out how they do that.
Guess I need a lot of help :D

Hey, I don't know if this makes any sense to you .. just give me
some directions, a link to a tutorial or just write to me however
you do this web optimisation. Any help is fully apreciated.

Thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you soon.