Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2005-Dec-28 19:48:00
Subject:Re: Google Earth and the WWP

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Google Earth and the WWP Markus Altendorff 2005-Dec-28 19:48:00
Wheaton, Simon wrote:
> So I downloaded Google Earth and had a play around, it is
> fun.
>
> Is there a reason why the WWP 'EXPERT:' Google Earth data
> settings can only be chosen from a limited number of
> options in a dropdown list?

Sorry, my bad. Too lazy to code some additional
value-in-range checks, so i went for the
"two-/three-digit-input-only" kind of check... which somehow
led to the dropdown selector...

> This doesn't seem very 'EXPERT:' to me, I'd rather be
> able to enter the exact values I choose, rather than be
> restricted to the choices given.

Again, sorry, my bad ;)

I chose to call these options "Expert" since they're not
really necessary to make the location marks work, and seen
from the point of view of the occasional panorama
photographer who is not that much into GPS, georeferencing
etc., specifying the zoom level, tilt angle, viewing
direction etc. may well be "expert options"...?

Anyway, it's now labelled "Google Earth optional data" - and
no, the data input is still done by pop-up pick-your-value
lists. Though this may be seen as condescending, i don't
believe that specifying the viewing angle (not GPS data,
mind you) with several decimals' precision does improve the
Google Earth bookmark fly-to experience that much ;)

All in good fun by:
Markus