Sender:Patrick Cheatham
Date/Time:2006-Jan-15 17:02:00
Subject:Re: Birne gruppe entry!!!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Birne gruppe entry!!! Patrick Cheatham 2006-Jan-15 17:02:00
> > I like it very much! But I wonder whether it could have been
> > implemented in QT, too...
>
> Flash has been supported in Quicktime VR since Quicktime 5.
> Its actually very simple to do.
> Here is demo with animation and sound on hotspots.
> http://www.harlands.com/QTVR/mouselocfl.mov

That's a cool example, but regrettably you'll get weird behavior in QT/QTVR if you use
animation like that to overlay a photographic QTVR of respectable size (KB) and
dimension.

Flash isn't always about being "flashy" though -- you can integrate it with a QT/QTVR
presentation in a more functional manner, too. My humble QT/QTVR example (below)
could have used Sprites and such for all the animation & movement, but we went with
Flash tracks because the project was originally to have been delivered in both Flash and
QT (as separate destinations). As it ended up, it's an entirely self-contained QT
presentation.

Oldie but a goodie :) :

http://tinyurl.com/a8m29

Enjoy!,