Sender:jeffrey
Date/Time:2006-Mar-14 09:59:00
Subject:Re: spring isn't here yet, time to build another snowman

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: spring isn't here yet, time to build another snowman jeffrey 2006-Mar-14 09:59:00
Cylindrical? Cylindrical is boring. I never do those. Except maybe for
a gigapixel image, but for that zoomify is better. I know QT makes
what they call "motion VR" but is just a movie that is scrollable
horizontally.
(Although I'd love to see that example from Wrinkles, Hans, if it can
be found...)

Not to be too hard, but isn't it a bit sad that QT is still the most
common VR format, and it's essentially as dead as Latin?!  Not a new
feature as long as I can remember.

If I do this 2-image idea I can put a link to a devalVR version, which
has *real* spherical timelapse capability :-)

--
Jeffrey

---------------------
www.panopticpictures.com - Spherical VR Photography, Virtual Tours
www.prague360.com - Prague 360 (A Guide to Prague)
www.jeffrey-martin.com - Portraits, Documentary, Flying Photography

Message: 2
  Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:11:09 +0100
  From: Hans Nyberg <#removed#>

On 13/3-2006, at 9.45, jeffrey wrote:

> ...not sure.... since only quicktime is allowed and QT doesn't really
> allow for multi image panos the way DevalVR does, I think I'll just
> combine them into one image.

Oh yes thats no problem. At least not as cylindric
Could have shown you an example back from the old Wrinkles but
unfortunatelly it seems that Rabett has taken then offline.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer
hans nyberg fotografi