Sender:Ingemar Bergmark
Date/Time:2006-Mar-21 17:19:00
Subject:Re: frustrated with file sizes and image quality

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: frustrated with file sizes and image quality Ingemar Bergmark 2006-Mar-21 17:19:00
> I am using the PT gui software to create the qtvr from a cylindrical
> pano i created in my ArcSoft Panorama Maker stitching software.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. I use PTGui to stitch my
panoramas, and as far as I know PTGui can not create the QTVR file
directly. By QTVR I mean the Quicktime .MOV file.

I recommend Pano2QTVR to create the Quicktime file since you can play
around with the Jpeg compression settings for each individual cubeface
until you get a filesize/quality that you can accept.
Pano2QTVR can also accept a cylindrical file as an input image,
although I have never tried this myself.

My workflow is as follows;
1) Use PTGui to create an equirectangular tiff with a size of 6000x3000
pixels.
2) Create the QTVR file with Pano2QTVR (I use version 0.9.8).

Regards,
Ingemar Bergmark