Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2006-Apr-02 21:07:00
Subject:Re: Google Earth

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Google Earth Erik Krause 2006-Apr-02 21:07:00
Am Sunday, April 02, 2006 um 19:29 schrieb Bj?rn K Nilssen:

> I have the latest versino of Google Earth, but when I try to get Opera to open
> it automatically the only thing that happens is that it opens a new page where
> the coordinates are shown :(

Most probably Opera mistakes the .kml file for a standard XML file
and tries to open it.

> Does anyone know to get this to work in Opera?

Don't simply click the Google Earth link but right click instead and
choose "Save target as" then double click the saved file. If it is
not loaded into Google Earth then .kml files are not associated with
Google Earth on your machine. Then drop the file on Google Earth.

If you want to automize that go to Preferences-> Advanced and click
"New", enter "Application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml" (without the
quotes) as mime type and "kml" as extension. Then choose "Open with
other application" and "Choose" and search for GoogleEarth.exe (most
probably in Programs/Google/Google Earth).

Opera 8 should know about the standard application for .kml files but
apparently does not. Opera 6 knows...

Or simply download Firefox and get rid of the many quirks of Opera...

best regards

--
Erik Krause
Offenburger Str. 33