Sender:Alex Makienko
Date/Time:2006-Apr-07 15:12:00
Subject:Re: Panorama Narratives

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Panorama Narratives Alex Makienko 2006-Apr-07 15:12:00
From: "Robert Agnel" <#removed#>

> Great idea Alex
> hopefully it will get accepted and used by the group
> for future submissions

Actually the community already used this idea to get WWP pages translated.
:-)

What I would propose - to have on Edit/Submit page just one extra link to
the volunteer translators list. This does not require significant
modifications of the web site. All translations might be done via email.

> I can imagine translators getting confused with GARDENS
> with English words flower, flour and plant to name a few
> a plant that grows, or plant your foot, a plant where things are built
> geeze makes you wonder how English became such a universal language

You're right. I've taken your sentence:

"I can imagine translators getting confused with GARDENS
with English words flower, flour and plant to name a few
a plant that grows"

and translated it online to Russian and back. So what I've seen:

"I can imagine translators reaching mixed with GARDENS
with the English flower of words, flour and factory, to the
name a few factory which grows"

Honestly, the translation from Russian into English is much more accurate.
:-D

Sometimes machine-translation is useful when you completely do not know the
language of the original article. Then you may at least guess what is it
about - computers or fine art. :-)