Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2006-Jun-21 16:21:00
Subject:Re: Time frame too short?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Time frame too short? G. Donald Bain 2006-Jun-21 16:21:00
Bj?rn,

I have shot hundreds of panos in the rain, often with very good
results. The diffuse light can really bring out the colors (in the
foreground), and the blue haze heightens the distance effect giving
the pano depth.

Remember to change the white balance, unless you desire an overall
blue cast. Protect your camera with an umbrella, or put it in a
plastic bag. My Olympus cameras are "splashproof" and I just let them
get wet, dry them off afterwards. Keep a lint-free cloth handy to
wipe raindrops off the lens (or UV filter) between shots.

Raindrop circles in nearby water, such as a garden pond or fountain,
help tell the story (the rain itself will be invisible). Reflections
in wet pavement and puddles can be dramatic.

Best of luck!
Don