Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2006-Jun-25 21:13:00
Subject:Re: Fullscreen height only 87 %

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Fullscreen height only 87 % Markus Altendorff 2006-Jun-25 21:13:00
Carsten T. Dr. Rees wrote:

> Perhaps the construct <Body onResize=".. ."> can help with this, where there
> is a reload function connected to the resize event. Depending on the browser
> the resize event will be triggered from continously during resize to just
> once at the and of a resize.

I've added that now, and am also considering Caroling's
posting about there still being too much empty space at the
bottom of the page.

It will now recognize wether the page needs the extra pixels
for the "audio bar", or if there are 16 pixels more to show
:) together with "live resize" on IE and Safari and "sort of
live resize" on Firefox.

Some background for those that do their own page design or
are generally curious about this coding stuff, on my first
attempt it wouldn't work in Firefox, but in Safari - until i
remembered that one of them (Firefox) would honor the
<embed>, and the other (Safari) listens to the <object> tag
and i was only "restyling" the <object>.
I added code to dynamically rewrite both (along the lines of
document.getElementById('fspano') and a style.height =
nuheight;), et voila: live resize (or something like it -
Firefox waits until the end of the "window drag" for the
onResize to fire, while e.g. IE will update continuously).

-Markus