Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2006-Jul-06 15:58:00
Subject:Re: Proud to be part.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Proud to be part. G. Donald Bain 2006-Jul-06 15:58:00
Bob,

I think it is an excellent idea (as do Kat and Landis).

Anyone can grab copies of the logos and badges, even the event
banners, from the site and make their own linking graphics. But it
might be better to provide a standard set, some with special text,
various sizes, and suggestions for linking code.

How about a few ideas (anyone?).

- an overall image/logo to show participation
- special logo to link directly to your own pages
- what kind of text for each one
- Landis suggested a special badge for those who have participated 10
times (or 9, or whatever)

Kat has the original files, which can be used to make various sizes
and keep the colors consistent.

Let's kick this around a bit then come up with some designs and
guidelines.

We have also talked about favicons now and then, and had a few to
consider. Tough to make them resemble any of our graphics because of
the really limited size. But further work on this would be good also.
One possibility is simply the letters VR, which can be used on any
site that features VR photography. See the example on my site http://
VirtualGuidebooks.com

Don