Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2006-Jul-06 17:29:00
Subject:Re: Proud to be part.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Proud to be part. Pat Swovelin 2006-Jul-06 17:29:00
G. Donald Bain wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I think it is an excellent idea (as do Kat and Landis).
>
> Anyone can grab copies of the logos and badges, even the event
> banners, from the site and make their own linking graphics. But it
> might be better to provide a standard set, some with special text,
> various sizes, and suggestions for linking code.
>
> How about a few ideas (anyone?).
>
> - an overall image/logo to show participation
> - special logo to link directly to your own pages
> - what kind of text for each one
> - Landis suggested a special badge for those who have participated 10
> times (or 9, or whatever)

It should be in the shape of a goofy hat.      =8^)

> Kat has the original files, which can be used to make various sizes
> and keep the colors consistent.
>
> Let's kick this around a bit then come up with some designs and
> guidelines.
>
> We have also talked about favicons now and then, and had a few to
> consider. Tough to make them resemble any of our graphics because of
> the really limited size. But further work on this would be good also.
> One possibility is simply the letters VR, which can be used on any
> site that features VR photography. See the example on my site http://
> VirtualGuidebooks.com

VR is non-specific and doesn't imply the WWP (which is what we're
talking about here).  The WWP's favicon should be specific to the WWP
and not used on another site (in the same way you wouldn't use CNN's
favicon on your site).  Did you get the favicons I sent to you and
Landis on 5-14-06?

> Don

Pat Swovelin
Cool Guy @ Large