Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2006-Jul-08 09:16:00
Subject:Re: stop responding pan

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: stop responding pan Hans Nyberg 2006-Jul-08 09:16:00
On 8/7-2006, at 4.46, Jim Watters wrote:

> When I zoomed in to look at the nadir of this pan I can no longer pan.
> http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp606/html/ArtBaltrotsky.html
>  It must be the auto rotate sprite used.
>  If I switch applications and come back it is fine.
>  Firefox 1.5.0.4 on WinXP
>  Anyone else having the same problem?

The problem is the sprite used.
It is the old RevolVR sprite which usually works fine on small movies.
However autorotation sprites in general are a pain in fullscreens
especially in Firefox.
And RevolVR was made before cubics.

This one may also have the  extra interaction feature you can ad with
RevolVR.
Which means you can start it by panning at a speed and it will continue
panning at that speed.
However it does not always work. You have actually to learn the special
way to let it go.
I got the small one accelerated rotating at the bottom.

Firefox as a general also has some very bad manners, especially on Mac,
for autopanning.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
<http://www.panoramas.dk> Panoramas.dk - Features Fullscreen QTVR