Sender:Richard Crowest
Date/Time:2006-Jul-17 12:16:00
Subject:Re: new promotional possibility - Fullscreen QTVR site

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: new promotional possibility - Fullscreen QTVR site Richard Crowest 2006-Jul-17 12:16:00
> But isn't having this site (which links to the WWP site) really a
> frontend for the WWP? Wouldn't it be better to drive site visitors
> *directly* to the WWP site vs. using the VRWay site as a frontend for
> the WWP? Wouldn't using the VRWay site as a frontend for the WWP
> have a
> tendency to pull traffic away from the WWP site? How would you feel if
> they wanted to do the same frontend idea with the content on your
> (most
> excellent!) site?
>
> IMHO it seems like we'd be giving away the store if we allow this
> to happen.

Seconded. I don't have particularly strong feelings about this, but
there is something unnerving about the idea that the WWP content
would be presented on an entirely separate site, effectively out of
context. If people just browse our full-screen contributions on the
FullscreenQTVR site, what happens to our descriptive captions? Yes, I
know there will be links to the original WWP page, but people are
still coming to it by the back door, as it were.

As I said, no very strong feelings, but those that I have are rather
negative. Sorry if I'm raining on any parades. Thanks, though, for
consulting us.

Richard