Sender:Robert C. Fisher
Date/Time:2006-Aug-10 00:38:00
Subject:Re: Nikon Glass

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Nikon Glass Robert C. Fisher 2006-Aug-10 00:38:00
This sales guy is looking out for his pocketbook not yours (better
commission for him). The 12-24 Nikkor is a great lens the 2 bad
things are it is made for only the APS sized sensor cameras, D50,D70
etc. and it has a bit of chromatic aberration but that can be fixed.
The sigma will work on full frame cameras I think but it is not as
sharp as the Nikkor. If you buy only the pro lenses you won't get bit
too many times with Nikon. Every ED IS (Pro) lens I have bought has
been awesome! They are expensive though but you get what you pay for.
Also the 10.5mm full frame fisheye is an awesome lens for VR work and
very sharp!

On Aug 9, 2006, at 5:03 PM, nottrydo wrote:

> Hi I'm a new member and was looking for an opinion form the
> experienced. I was looking at wide zooms and am considering the 12-24
> Nikor, but was warned against it by a sales person. He advised I look
> at the sigma lens instead. I want it for both panos and other
> landscape etc?
> One of the most annoying things is to bring a new lens home and
> realize
> that it is a soft, blurry lens. I want a sharp lens. I usually think
> I am safe buying Nikon but have been burned before.
>
> Therefore, any advice would be helpful?

Cheers
Robert C. Fisher
QTVR Photography/Cinematography