Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2006-Oct-29 10:44:00
Subject:Press-release

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Press-release Hans Nyberg 2006-Oct-29 10:44:00
On Oct 29, 2006, at 9:19 AM, Keith Martin wrote:
> Sometime around 29/10/06 (at 00:50 -0400) Francis Fougere said:
>
> >Hi Folks
> >I was poking around the Transportation site to see if there was
> any press
> >releases written and couldn't find any. Am I not looking in the
> right place?
>
> I have no idea - but that's a very good thought. If there aren't any
> done that's not exactly surprising, as this is a non-commercial,
> enthusiasts-oriented production. But all the same the work could gain
> an even larger audience if the right people and publications were
> told about new challenges as they went live.

One thing is making a press release and sending it out.

Another thing is:
Will anyone publish it. And will that have any effect.

Published articles in printed magazines and newspapers are in most
cases without any effect at all.
I have had large full page features in computer magazines read by
half a million people and it could not be seen in my traffic.
And articles in large news sites will only have a big effect  if you
are on the front-page.
When the  link disappears from the front-page usually after a few
hours, traffic is gone.

What pays off is to get links  published friday at sites who do not
update in weekends.
Like this one I had 2 weeks ago http://9.yahoo.com/2006/10/13
But this is something which demands full time constantly working on
promoting your site.

And for something like WWP you have to find new targets for your
press-release every time as you will not get the same  to write again
and again.

I choosed last week to promote the Transportation by publishing a
panorama from one of the first participants Hubert  Pawlowski as I
found it a very good example of what you can do as a complete
beginner  in panoramas with a standard camera and a very cheap panohead.

http://www.panoramas.dk/

Hans

Hans Nyberg
<http://www.panoramas.dk> Panoramas.dk - Features Fullscreen QTVR