Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2004-Jun-29 17:59:00
Subject:Prelim Site v1

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Prelim Site v1 Landis 2004-Jun-29 17:59:00
The preliminary preview site is up and running.  It's far from
perfect, but it's a start in the right direction.  Once again we have
some extremely impressive images.  Thank you all for your
participation.

We haven't been acknowledging uploads but a first view of what we've
got is up today.  If it's there I got it.  If it's not, either it's
been submitted in the last day (since I d/l at about 6pm PDT last
night) or it hasn't been received yet (also one or two that submitted
are missing and I've contacted you already).

PLEASE KEEP THIS PRIVATE and WITHIN THE WWP GROUP ONLY:
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp604/NameIndex.html

Still need to make the thumbnails (so currently those come up with
missing images).

If you need a modification to your page, please send an email to me
(#removed#) and tell me specifically what parts are being
changed.

If your text does not read correctly (missing diacritical marks,
etc), check that it was encoded with the proper HTML entities.
There's one or two that didn't translate into HTML correctly at all.
Please use a WYSIWYG HTML editor (like GoLive or Dreamweaver), paste
your plain text into the editing window, switch to the code/HTML
view, and copy out what it gives you.  This is what needs to be in
the plain text file that is sent to me (it will have entities like
'ñ' instead of '?' or '°' instead of '?').

If you have any questions, send me an email (#removed#).

I also intend to do the following:
>An idea - would there be an easy way to make a notation (either a
>small logo, or text) on the ones that are actual UNESCO sites?

Enjoy.

-Landis