Sender:Andrew
Date/Time:2004-Jun-29 18:03:00
Subject:Re: Full Screen VR

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Full Screen VR Andrew 2004-Jun-29 18:03:00
> Note that Panocube uses an irregular scale which is not standard.
> A compression of 50% in Panocube is equivalent to a compression of 32%  on
> the IJG ( Independent Jpeg Group ) scale  which is used by QuickTime tools
> and in Photoshop on Mac and PC.
> A  Panocube compression of 78 is equivalent to 50 on the scale used by other
> software.

:-))
Just want to clarify that PanoCube's (PanoTool's) scale is "irregular" for Hans only. As I wrote earlier in to this group PanoCube has standard JPEG scale from 0..100. By "other software" Hans perhaps means CubicConverter which really uses non-linear scale 50% from CubicConverter corresponds to 78% of JPEG standard, 75 from CubicConverter corresponds to 92% of JPEG standard. This was tested with jpegdump and everybody could check it by own.

=Andrew Jakowleff