Sender:Patrick Cheatham
Date/Time:2007-Apr-17 20:52:00
Subject:Re: IVRPA Panoramic Photography Contest

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: IVRPA Panoramic Photography Contest Patrick Cheatham 2007-Apr-17 20:52:00
Hi Uri!

> IVRPA is a photographer's association, so
> the organizers probably never gave a thought to non-photographic VR art.

Well, we did give it a thought :-)... but decided that keeping the contest limited to
photography was best befitting the IVRPA, conference and the contest. There are outlets
for other creative panoramic endeavors, exactly as you mention below...

> The WWP appears to be another sort of project where a lot more
> flexibility is tolerated or even encouraged.

---

> I am an IVRPA member, but I'm not too keen of competitions anyway...
> besides, I can't imagine any "objective" or other criterion for deciding
> which work of art is "better" :-)

Ha, yes! Thankfully, I'm not on a judging panel... I'm way to easy to bribe. ;-)

Cheers,

Patrick