Sender:Andrew
Date/Time:2004-Jul-04 05:12:00
Subject:Re: Problems with scrolling on Patrizio Silvi Antonini's full screen

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Problems with scrolling on Patrizio Silvi Antonini's full screen Andrew 2004-Jul-04 05:12:00
--- In #removed#, "scott_rowd" <#removed#> wrote:
> I was having a couple of viewing problems. One was with with
> scrolling up and down on the page with certain small VR's. The image
> was leaving bands of itself above and below the active VR, covering
> up sections of the text. This only occured on cubic VR's with auto
> rotate enabled. This problem was resolved when I upgraded to QT 6.5.

No problems here - QT 6.3+Opera 6.05. I have scrolled the pano in all possible directions - no any bands.

> But after upgrading QT I had a new problem. At least two VR's (mine
> and Patrizio Silvi Antonini's) were very unresponsive in full
> screen. Both these VR's were created with Panocube and both had auto
> rotate enabled. I sent Landis new VR's of mine with auto rotate
> turned off and that solved the problem. Viewing Antonini's full
> screen VR is still a problem with my computer as it still auto
> rotates.

Patrizio used the old version of PanoCube with built-in sprite not designed for fullscreens.
In general any sprite consume some CPU power, especially with full screen panoramas. I just could sugest to avoid using of sprites with full screens as not all visitors will have powerfull enough copmputer to proccess full screen render + sprite's own calculations.

=Andrew Jakowleff