Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2007-Dec-25 07:54:00
Subject:Re: Why is Caroling Geary singled out?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Why is Caroling Geary singled out? Landis 2007-Dec-25 07:54:00
>I'm not saying Caroling is creating art and no one else is.  I'm
>objecting to her submittal being in a separate section.  That is like
>an art show that puts some work in a different room because it is
>different than everything else.

Or in this case an art show that puts work in different rooms based
on geographical location of that which is depicted.

>I feel her submittal should be listed where she created it.  The same
>as all the other works.  When I submit something made away from my
>home region it is listed where it was created.

Yes, but that's because you're doing a panorama in and of a place.

The region list is only one of several different ways to go through
all of the contributions.  Others include by contributor's name, by
thumbnails, by map, and by Google Earth.

When I'm looking through the list by region I am generally expecting
contributions depicting that region in one way or another.  But just
because I live in California if I someday manage to contribute a
panorama from Hawaii or Florida or the Czech Republic, I'll be
designating whatever region my contribution representing.

-Landis