Sender:Carl von Einem
Date/Time:2008-May-27 14:26:00
Subject:Re: some research

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: some research Carl von Einem 2008-May-27 14:26:00
Posted by: "Keith Martin"

> Willy Kaemena said:
>
>> >I found still some unaware WWP photographers which are not
>> >reading WWP mail all the time. I think we should make an announcement
>> >on the panotools/ QTVR List. to get them in the boat...
>
> That's a good point. But if this is a proper announcement perhaps it
> should be written by Markus? (Don's probably still in the Arizona
> desert and will no doubt be busy with various handover tasks through
> the near future anyway.)

Very good suggestion. Maybe Markus (or Thomas, Landis?) can include a
short overview of what happened. And it should be sent via the web
interface as a "Special Notice", so that those members who have chosen
not to receive regular messages also get it.

NG mods read this list and can point to that message-URL also as a
"Special Notice".

A short note: please everyone try to let your thoughts flow but remember
to edit the former message so only the parts you are actually replying
to are again copied to the new mail. This helps us all to find the
relevant details quickly.

Posted by Yuval Levy in a different thread:

> @Carl: in terms of copyright protection the Berne Convention gives
> international artists from signatory countries the same protection as to
> German artists. It makes sense for you guys to take the lead simply
> because you'll be close to the action.

A good argument for my little list of horrors. They should know that
they first of all have to deal with an effective German group of people
who have strong support from an impressive list of other group members.
That may help to solve this quickly.
I see one little problem: how can we effectively make sure for ZKM's
lawyer that negotiations with a group of members won't be questioned by
other single members?

Carl