Sender:Willy Kaemena
Date/Time:2009-Feb-04 12:10:00
Subject:Re: Free web3D maps offer for WWP project

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Free web3D maps offer for WWP project Willy Kaemena 2009-Feb-04 12:10:00
I see only a white screen  with a button "select file"
.. and I am not a very good friend with stuff coming from MS....

Willy Kaemena

http://360cities.net/profile/willy-kaemena
http://360cities.net/area/damascus-syria
http://360cities.net/area/bremen-germany
http://360cities.net/area/rio-de-janeiro-brazil-2
http://360cities.net/area/lisbon-portugal

On Feb 4, 2009, at 13:00, Giorgio Marchetto wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am one of the photographers participants
> at the WWP project since 2004.
>
> Our company, GIS Solution, has developed
> a web-based 3D map application with global coverage
> which uses Microsoft Virtual Earth aerial layers.
> It is based on java (crossbrowser, crossOS).
> Main functions actually are builtin SPS track reader
> and 3D stereo visualization.
> KML importer will be available soon.
> This application is web-based so it is integrated into
> the website and easily interacts with it through javascript.
> This mean you will be able to view the WWP KML layer
> and open the panorama popup/windows inside the browser.
> This is one of the biggest difference with Google Earth,
> which is mainly a standalone application.
>
> As we need to gain popularity,
> we offer free of charge the use of our application inside WWP website.
> We will put only a web link (or a html tab) to ship 3D paper glasses
> to people who makes a small donation.
>
> You can see a working preview of the application here:
> http://www.gis-solution.com/wwapplet/globe3d.htm
>
> Wait a minute for first time application loading,
> confirm java security popups, then it starts automatically.
> If you will seen only a black windows, it means your graphic card is
> too
> weak.
> Use mouse wheel to zoom in/out the world, left drag to move, right
> drag to
> rotate.
> Select and load a local GPX track in the browse input field in the
> bottom.
> Click on stereo button, put on 3D red/cyan glasses to see it in
> stereo mode.
>
> A web interface based on tabs is currently under construction.
>
> I hope WWP members will find my proposal interesting.
> We can also offer a 2D interactive and zoomable map.
> Any comment is welcome.
>
> Giorgio Marchetto
> Web&Multimedia Developer
> Web: www.gis-solution.com