Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2004-Aug-18 22:41:00
Subject:Re: Count down started 31 days and counting

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Count down started 31 days and counting G. Donald Bain 2004-Aug-18 22:41:00
Thanks Dave, I needed a reminder.

One month before the next World Wide Panorama!
Has everyone got a bridge picked out? Or at least a great bridge idea?

Landis and I have posted the announcement in the major places, and some
of you have helped in spreading the word. We have new members signing
up on the Yahoo group. Tell your friends! Teach a newbie and take them
out with you on the Equinox.

A few news items:

- The Geo-Images server (hosting the WWP) will be migrated back to the
G5 X-Serve today or tomorrow. There should be a speed increase.

- Landis is out of town on successive jobs, which will take him to the
east coast and then to Kauai (Hawaii). He promises to check in once in
a while via e-mail.

- Classes here at Berkeley begin in another week. I am teaching a field
class, and as it turns out I will be up in the Cascade Range with a
group of college students on the weekend of the 18-19. Lots of great
scenery, but not many bridges.

And a final note. David Pogue, leading Mac expert and prolific writer,
says in "Mac OS-X: The Missing Manual" (an excellent series, by the
way):

"If they live to be 100, most Mac users will probably never encounter a
QuickTime VR movie."

Well, let's prove him wrong!

Don