Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2004-Aug-18 23:17:00
Subject:Re: Count down started 31 days and counting

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Count down started 31 days and counting Hans Nyberg 2004-Aug-18 23:17:00
on 19/08/04 0:41, G. Donald Bain #removed# wrote:

> And a final note. David Pogue, leading Mac expert and prolific writer,
> says in "Mac OS-X: The Missing Manual" (an excellent series, by the
> way):
>
> "If they live to be 100, most Mac users will probably never encounter a
> QuickTime VR movie."
>
> Well, let's prove him wrong!

I have read that also.
But in Januar he had to admit that it is something about QTVR.
This is what he wrote in his column.

> P.S. Last week, I sent you what my wife cheerfully calls my
>> "A.D.D. column" -- a collection of random high-tech notes
>>> from the Post-It notes surrounding my desk. I forgot to
>> mention the most entertaining item of all: the spherical
>> virtual-reality movie that you'll find at
>> www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen3/f1.html. (Be sure to drag your
>> mouse around to change your viewing angle, and play with
>> your Shift and Ctrl keys to zoom in and out.)
>>
>> This amazing example of a very niche-y art form re-creates
>> almost every sensory aspect of being in Times Square this
>> past New Year's Eve, including the atmosphere, the music,
>> and the ability to look around you in any direction. All you
>> miss is the cold, the crowd, and the boozy breath of the guy
>> next to you.

I had  more than 15.000 hits in the first  12 hours and it was not even a
hyperlink.
And notice how he completely  avoided to mention Quicktime or Apple or QTVR.
I can see  he has learnt how to do hyperlinks now.
http://nytimes.com/2004/08/12/technology/circuits/12POGUE-EMAIL.html

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer