Sender:Keith Martin
Date/Time:2009-Sep-27 21:10:00
Subject:Re: Prefer Flash retroactive?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Prefer Flash retroactive? Keith Martin 2009-Sep-27 21:10:00
Sometime around 27/9/09 (at 14:52 -0500) Caroling Geary said:

>Personally, I'd very much like the option to upload Flash versions of
>the QuickTime movies that are broken because the Flash track no
>longer appears with the recent QT.

A good point. But no, offering the ability to upload a complete SWF
would be a serious security risk. Any sensible server admin would
have kittens about that.

The new Flash support uses JPEG image data and a separate player
(KRPano) to show it. I'm not sure how to get around this, but
general-access SWF upload isn't an option.