Sender:Keith Martin
Date/Time:2009-Nov-17 17:32:00
Subject:Re: Well, let's give this "web2.0" a try :)

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Well, let's give this "web2.0" a try :) Keith Martin 2009-Nov-17 17:32:00
Sometime around 17/11/09 (at 08:57 -0600) Caroling Geary said:

>I don't want it coming to my phone
>because I pay huge fees for networking. I'd like it to be a button on
>my WWP webpage if that is possible. My pointer is hovering over the
>Subscribe Now button

It only goes to your phone if you explicitly set it to do that, and
normally that involves adding a new app. Otherwise it will simply be
something you either view by visiting the twitter.com site in a
browser or by using a dedicated Twitter app such as Tweetie (which
comes in desktop and iPhone flavours, confusingly).

The RSS feed simply lets you read tweets from that Twitter account
using RSS. That's different from 'native' Twitter use, but it is
perfectly valid. It really just depends on how you prefer to deal
with things.

Just like with Facebook (which you may or may not use), you can
choose to do stuff with it using phone-based apps or stick to more
traditional computing platform interactions.

Me, I'm an iPhone junkie. I use Tweetie on my phone, and I read and
write Twitter stuff on that device about 99% of the time. I use
http://twitter.com/thatkeith for general/personal/random stuff and
http://twitter.com/magpublishing/ for things that relate to the BA
Magazine Publishing course at LCC. (That feed is pushed directly into
the home page for the course web site. I try to practise what I, er,
teach... :-)