Sender:AYRTON
Date/Time:2009-Nov-19 04:57:00
Subject:Re: Well, let's give this "web2.0" a try :)

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Well, let's give this "web2.0" a try :) AYRTON 2009-Nov-19 04:57:00
Jeff

the way you post your links on twitter is very impersonnal
That's why you don't get a return

Twitter is not to be used as a commercial thing, but as a social thing. It's
not intended for just showing what you o, BUT, what you CAN do and think
about the world, the others and also, waht you do on this sfere.

I get tonsss of CTR for all my posts, I would say more than 55%
And I get a LOT of  RTs too.

On twitter you need to get involved with other people, you need to really
read them
you need to REtweet some of your followers

Again, it's a social site, if you don't do that, don't expect a return from
other users.

There:
You give, you receive
That's it

Best
AYRTON

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:17 PM, prague <#removed#> wrote:

> ah, good old twitter. where everyone shouts and no one listens.
>

> ;-)))
>

> Yeah, I use twitter also. Trying to keep my mind open about it. Not
> entirely optimistic, as you can see :-))))
>

> regarding CTR (click through rate of links you post), you can expect
> between 0.2 and 2% - rarely more in my experience (and reading about other
> people). 360cities twitter feed sometimes gets up to 5% CTR but not often.
>

> --- In #removed#, crane@... wrote:

> > > Considered it. Rejected it. For now. :-)
> >
> > thank the cyber lord (who watches over us at all times) pleasssssssse
> don't do it.
> > what's wrong with reality (tm)
> >
> > regards
> > mick