Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2010-Jan-22 21:53:00
Subject:Re: Flash not working on old qtvr

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Flash not working on old qtvr Yahoo Account 2010-Jan-22 21:53:00
Hi Toni,

the flash error isn't supposed to happen, it should fall back to Quicktime in those cases. Can you tell me (off-list, if you prefer?) a few of those panoramas you?ve found not to work? Pat and me spent quite a few hours checking and tagging all contributions prior to the first event with JPEG as flash-compatible/not compatible, but of course it?s possible some slipped by unnoticed or got tagged wrong.

Also, if anybody wants to add an equirect JPEG for older entries found non-working with flash, just send me the JPEG with a note where it?s supposed to go. By mail or as download link should both work OK.

Note that cylindrical panoramas are still "somewhat" problematic!

Waiting for the next update to the krpano flash engine (due "soon" - latest beta 9 of the toolkit was in December and it's most likely close to the final release), which was announced to have support for "legacy" cylindrical QTVRs built in. This should make another slew of contributions flash-compatible (and would also remove the limit of 8191 pixels width per JPEG from the flash player, since it could read the tiled cylinder images from the MOV then).

Also note that cylinders remapped to cubes (or equirects) and stored in cubical MOVs, with tilt limits in the QTVR file, usually work in Flash, too, as long as the "header compression" is not used.

-Markus