Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2010-Apr-05 08:13:00
Subject:Re: file upload questions

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: file upload questions Yahoo Account 2010-Apr-05 08:13:00

----- Original Message ----

when clicking
> on full-screen it pops right away, it seems like the full-screen is preloaded,
> does that mean that there is really only one quality level, being medium and
> this is the one expanded to full-screen, or are there the old two file-sizes
> going on the server.?

There are two sizes (small and large) on the server.  You may be blessed with a very fast internet connection, because at my end of the "intertubes" ;) I can see how the tiles load step by step.

Of course, this applies only *after* the uploaded files have been preprocessed (which happens regularly on the hour and at 20 and 40, as long as the converter server is switched on).

Directly after the upload, the only flash display available is the original JPEG (plus, for Quicktime, any optional MOV files you may have provided in addition), so the flash fullscreen switch will happen instantaneously as the source data has not changed.

-Markus