Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2010-Oct-03 18:05:00
Subject:Re: why do some panos auto rotate others do not

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: why do some panos auto rotate others do not Uri Cogan 2010-Oct-03 18:05:00
  On 10/3/10 8:16 AM, koolpix360 wrote:

> I've noticed some of the crossroads submissions auto rotate and others
> do not.
> My opinion (for what it's worth) is that, it is better for to have
> auto rotate as it gets people involved immediately, and they might
> then try to interact with the movie. Also many people don't seem to
> notice the full screen control.

Well, auto-rotate is a personal choice of the artist. the risk is that
people who are not familiar with panoramas may be content just to sit
back and watch the "movie" but do not try to interact.

> When I send out a notice for people to view the WWP, I've added
> directions on how to navigate the immersive image and point out that
> full screen is available.

I found it useful to have a little animated "tutorial" page for
panoramas on my web site. such a thing may be useful, but I am not
certain; one thing for sure - many people simply do not read the screen
even if the instructions are crystal clear.

--

             Uri Cogan
        http://www.uricogan.com

* "There is no green on their planet, they killed their Mother" *