Sender:Serge Maandag
Date/Time:2011-Jan-01 10:25:00
Subject:Re: Catching up

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Catching up Serge Maandag 2011-Jan-01 10:25:00
> Sorry about the poor publicity for this event, more about that later. But
> I have been trying to catch up on getting the word out about this event.

Thanks for the updates, Don and a happy new year.

The wwp site currently says "sorry, no current event found" on the home
page. Hope that won't last too long.

I'm glad I got at least a bit of a discussion going. Carstens graphs were
very clear and a bit alarming, to be honest. I did not understand Bostjans
answer to him. The matter of short shooting periods might be related to
the number of participants, but could imho not explain a steady decline.

I personally don't think the decline is caused by awkwardnesses like short
shooting time frames. It seems to me that the wwp needs to find new
participants. In the old days we were a close group that knew were to find
the rare places of interest. A lot of the group members moved on with
their lives and interests though. Nowadays there are a lot more panorama
related sites and a lot more panoramic photographers. All they need to
have is a guide to find the wwp events and an enthusiastic team. I think
the movement that Jeffrey spun up with his 360cities site is a very nice
showcase to underline this theory.

And I'd like to emphasize again: I'm not denying at all that you put a lot
of free effort in this. I just think it could be more effective.

Warm greetings,
Serge.