Sender:Charles Carstensen
Date/Time:2004-Sep-24 01:47:00
Subject:Re: Recommended GPS

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Recommended GPS Charles Carstensen 2004-Sep-24 01:47:00
Wayne, Great fun to use a handheld GPS. I had a Garmin ETrex, it ate
batteries like crazy so I sold it on eBay. Just bought a Magellian
explorist 200. Cost about 139.00. Like it fine. It does not have
uploading data capability and a few other bells and whistles. Found
that these other things are really unnecessary. Color screen is not
near worth what you will have to pay. Neither is a full time compass.
Get the smallest and cheapest one you can find. One other thing, the
Magellian seems to be more user friendly/intuitive than the Garmin. I
know there are other viewpoints, not all bad, the above is just IMHO.

Best,

Chuck Carstensen
Montrose, Colorado